An Abundance of Books just tagged me in the "Life is Good Award." Thank you!
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.
2. Answer the 10 survey questions.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked to let them know about the award.
Ok, so onto the questions:
1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?
Ha. I started out anonymous. Or at least my name did not appear anywhere on the blog. More for paranoia reasons than anything else. But I'm glad that I'm going more public now. I'm not just someone who likes YA books, I was a YA librarian for 7 years, I've written professional reviews for VOYA and been immersed in YA literature for a long time. If I want to be taken seriously as a book blogger I think my readers need to know who I am & what are my qualifications.
2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side:
You'd probably have to ask my husband.
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
Myself. It's taken 35 years but I am comfortable in my skin now. I'm where and when I want to be.
4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Shower. Hey, I have 3 kids. I also read, blog, twitter...
6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
I want to get paid money, real money, to read YA and write about it.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
Probably closer to a shy person. I had friends, but I wasn't very outgoing. I volunteered at the school library and worked at the public library.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?
My first child being born. Literally, I happened to be sitting up when he came out so I got a good view.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
It's pretty easy for me. I don't get into personal stuff on my book blog. I save that for the ahem, personal blog.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
READ. I only use the phone to order pizza.
Now, to pass this on to 15 FANTASTIC bloggers:
2. Bookshelves of Doom
3. Makeshift Bookmark
4. Good Books & Good Wine
5. YA Addict
6. Young Adult Books Reviewed
7. Reclusive Bibliophile
8. The Broke and the Bookish
9. Frazzled Book Nommer
11. WORD for Teens
12. Dreaming in Books
13. Tutor Girl Reads
14. The Story Siren
15. The Compulsive Reader
I'm an Amazon Associate now. If you click on the Amazon links & buy anything I might make a tiny bit of money.